Our league started up again for the winter season, and I had a great feeling going into the game, and still do for the season in general. This is the first season (our fourth!) that everyone on the team knows each other. We have no new faces to get used to, no awkward breaking-in time where we're getting used to how each other plays. (This has made for some pretty horrendous first games of seasons). We played a really solid game, even scoring two short-handed goals, and ended with a score of 3-1. I had a shutout going until 7 minutes left in the game, and I was trying not to think about it too much but damn, I really wanted that shutout. I've never had one before. I don't think it distracted me though, I was really focused and played a really good game. The goal that got past me was stoppable, but I was scrambling a bit too much.
My best save though, was not even a save. There was a ringer on the other team, and he managed to get out on a breakaway. I came out of my net, stood my ground and stayed with him the entire time, and when he shot he missed the net. So I guess it wasn't really a save, but I had the feeling that I was really giving him nothing at all, and that was confirmed by my teammates later in the locker room, when one said "Tell your goalie coach to put that in his pipe and smoke it". To which someone else answered "Tell your goalie coach to put that on DVD and watch it". So, I think I done good. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on a great first victory - its great to have so many old faces in the locker room and on the ice. Now we just have to use that chemistry to make us the best we can be - so that when others get their mojo flowing, we'll be ready.
Post a Comment