Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick, has it really been almost 8 months since I've posted here? I believe I let fear of people randomly happening across this blog and figuring out where I play paralyze me for a while there. Its not completely unfounded. But honestly.... its a really big world wide web. So back to public status the blog goes. (Do I hear much rejoicing? Yeah I didn't think so).
Since I've been off the ice for a month, the only thing I really have of any import to relate is my experience at clinic yesterday. I figured going to clinic would be a better way to skate the rust off than jumping right into open hockey with the super fast guys. I thought "oh I'll take some shots and get back into the game and be all set". Yeah. Not so much. I haven't had my ass kicked that hard since I was paying for it. (LESSONS, you perverts!!!)
I was standing around at the boards, watching the skaters do their skater thing, when one of the coaches beckoned to me. "Goalie!" he said, and waved me to center ice, where he set up a string of about 8 cones. Oh boy, I thought. This can't be good. He instructed me to do suicides.... and then asked if I knew what they were. Oh yes, I do. This GoalieBrain doesn't forget a thing like that. So I did them. And when I got to the final cone and thought I was done he said "Ok, do 3 up-and-downs". I think I really wished for his death at that point. But I did it. Barely. And then he made me do it again. And then he peppered me with shots. By the time the skaters were ready to do their drills that incorporated shots, I could barely stand up, much less make a save that looked like anything other than what it was- me just getting my body in the way however I could. But one thing kept me going. The coach told me I had good form. And after I talked to a friend who used to be a coach in the area, I felt even better. He said I should take that as high praise, because that particular guy doesn't say stuff like that often. So go me.
I might just go back next week for more abuse.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice. "Lessons."
Good stuff. I should be back out there in the next two weeks to help pepper you with (weak) shots.
Post a Comment