Since I have nothing better to write about during my period of hell on earth known as "not playing hockey", I figured I'd share a little story. (Yayyy! Story time!) Now, to really "get" this one I need to give you some backstory.
The year was 2006... during the course of watching a Rangers/Devils game, when the Rangers scored a goal, I gleefully texted my best friend "SUCK IT!!!", as was our custom. Or so I thought. I had in reality inadvertently sent the text message to the first person on my contacts list, who just so happened to be someone I didn't know very well; a fellow female hockey player I was just starting to establish a friendship with. Knowing she was (and still is) on the quiet side and certainly not prone to use of naughty language (I know, I know... she plays hockey... she should at least swear), I quickly sent a followup text "Sorry!!! That wasn't meant for you!" I thought she had my number programmed in her phone- she did not. So all she had was a text from a random stranger yelling at her to "suck it" and then a followup text which she later said didn't really seem to make her feel any less weird. Fortunately, there were no hard feelings and it has become our standard joke.
Fast-forward to last night, to GoalieHusband's fantasy hockey draft. This friend is in the league as well, and I had a separate chat window open to talk to her during the draft. Unfortunately my computer had other ideas. I had to log out of chat to actually do anything productive with my team, and so I sent her a quick text to let her know why I had to log out. Now.... she had recently moved. I could have sworn she said her cell number hadn't changed... (you see where this is going don't you). I immediately got a response back.
Her: who is this?
Me (feeling like being a smartass): its GoalieGal.... SUCK IT MARTY!!!
Response: um.... my name is christopher. i think you have the wrong number.
Me: omg i'm sorry!
Response: its ok babe.... hope you connect with marty! ;)
My thoughts....
#1 EWWWW omgwtfbbq he did not just call me "BABE"
#2 EWWWW I want to throw up thinking about "connecting" with Marty.
#3 My friend is going to laugh her ass off when I tell her this.
She did. And she declared that it must indeed be hockey season now that the first "SUCK IT MARTY" text has been thrown down.
Let the season begin.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment