Monday, October 25, 2010

One day in

No, I am not going to post daily updates about Ultimate Goalie Training. As corny as it sounds, I'm really excited about this and feel like I'm on a new adventure. (Ok. I just rolled my eyes at myself.) When I had to leave the gym I despaired that I'd ever get a decent workout at home, mostly because there was so much info out there I couldn't sift it all down and figure out what I really should be doing. So to not only have a program geared for goalies, but one that tells you EXACTLY what to do, and when to do it, is perfect. Yeah, I'm the one who gets overwhelmed in the toothpaste aisle looking at all those boxes going "gaahhhh, I just want something to clean my teeth!".

This morning I got myself out of bed nice and early and headed downstairs to start working. I have to say I never thought I'd sweat that much working out at home. Whoa nelly. What I think is really neat about this system is that it's something different all the time. Today was working on footspeed (along with core and flexibility). The next one will be strength, etc, etc. There are so many different things to do that I don't think it'll ever get boring. I'll be sucking wind, and ready to die at times, but it won't be boring. And the cats are just going to have to get used to me jumping around like a nut on my "white trash agility ladder". Yes folks, I marked off an agility ladder on my basement floor using painters' tape. I don't want to spend $50 on a proper one, so this will have to do for now. Besides, it goes really well with our white trash furniture down there: folding lawn chairs. (I shit you not. One of these days we're going to get around to getting an actual couch. Or something.)

So yeah... as you can tell I'm totally gung ho about the training. I'm hoping to be able to keep up with the schedule even days after obnoxiously late games, but we'll see how that goes. I might cheat and flip days around; tomorrow is supposed to be a bit easier of a day than Wedensday, but I'm going to be dead on Wednesday morning, so I might switch them. Shhhh don't tell Maria. She may be small but she could totally kick my butt.

No comments: