From that disaster we move on to something much more fun. A friend from Minnesota is out for a visit this week, and we went to a Ranger game last night. Actually, first we went to the awesome new hockey super-store that just opened in NJ and tried stuff on and drooled. THEN we went to a Ranger game. She was in charge of getting tickets and she completely surprised me with jaw-droppingly awesome seats; section 133. Oh I'm sorry, section 133, Row A. For anyone not familiar with the Garden layout, that's smack behind Lundqvist's net. (Does she love me or what?!) So I was treated to two periods of watching my idol, as close as I will probably ever get, and one period of watching Cam Ward, who is pretty high up there on my list as well. (Interesting observation: Ward does not wear any neck protection. What's up with that, is he a complete idiot?) Both goalies played really well, and Hank made some amazing saves, so not only were we able to cheer for 3 Ranger goals, we got to chant "HEN-RIK!" several times. Unfortunately, with the game tied late in the 3rd, after a series of awesome stops, the puck went into Hank's net. DAMMIT. Soooo frustrating. It was all over his body language too. Poor guy.
Um yeah, so that's my game recap. This is how I watch games- I watch the goalies. I honestly found myself watching them even when play was in the other end and they were literally standing there doing nothing. Just studying them. I'm hopeless.
And a quick report on the goalie training- I was going along great and then I got sick. So, I ended up skipping two days, one of which I just substituted for my "off" day this week, and the other I guess I just get my butt kicked for. But hey, I didn't go to Quarry Cats practice either. No one wants a goalie dripping and spewing snot all over the place. But I got back into action yesterday, and continue to be completely amused by my cats. They just can not leave me alone when I'm stretching or doing anything that involves anything other than my feet being on the floor. While doing a "quadruped superman" (picture yourself kneeling on all fours, and then lift up and extend one arm and one leg), Bulin hopped up onto my back. The program doesn't say anything about doing it with a 13 lb. weight on your back but hey, I guess it can only make me stronger right? I maintained good form throughout. Then today Commie was winding all around me and leaning up against me and trying to get me to pet him while I was stretching out my adductors. Mommy's little workout partners.
No comments:
Post a Comment