Saturday, January 15, 2011

Just had to share...

When I first watched all the videos for the Ultimate Goalie Training, I remember giggling when Maria described all the muscle groups one particular exercise would work and then said "...so I think you'll really like- well, you won't like it. But it'll be good for you." Now at Week 7 in the training program, I've come to the workout with this exercise in it, and I watched the video to refresh my memory before starting out. I laughed again when she said that but knew I was going to really be in for it. And man, was I. You're supposed to do 3 sets of 10 reps of this puppy, and I eked out 4 reps before my body said "STOP RIGHT THERE!" Determined to try again, I did another set of 2 reps, and one final set of 2 reps after which I fell off the stability ball and crumbled to the floor. So no, Maria, I don't like it. In fact I hate it. But I'm now also determined to kick it's butt.

Yeah. Talk to me again in three weeks and see how much of it's butt I kicked. If I can do 3 sets of 4 reps it'll be a miracle.

One thing I can say about really difficult workouts is this: when you're done and you eat a giant bowl of yogurt, strawberries and granola? It tastes REALLY good. I might even have more.

Tomorrow night it's double-header time again: QCats in Westchester and then Hawks at 11. Maybe I should start napping now.

2 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Woof, sounds rough but I bet you get through 10 reps next time... maybe not 3 sets but you'll get there!

I miss working out. Walking up the hill from the dog park this morning induced a coughing fit so bad, I had to lean on the car and catch my breath. So... it might be a while.

maalivahti said...

Ugh that's no good! Give yourself plenty of time to get better before you start working out again.