There's nothing I like more on my way to work than a nice hot cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee. Especially after a workout (which is probably horrible for you but oh well). Unfortunately for the next 30 days I will have to forgo that particular pleasure, because I have to keep a promise to myself.
Last month when I started UGT, I expressed concern that I wouldn't stick with it. That I'd get going real good and then just flop. Maria suggested I set a goal, and also define something I'd sacrifice if I didn't meet the goal. So, I said I'd do the whole month of workouts, and if I didn't, no Dunkin on my way to work, for a month. I know. I heard you gasp. (But I didn't say no Dunkin, ever. Just clarifying).
As I mentioned yesterday, I fell short of that goal. In reality what I meant was get through the whole month without slacking, but that's not what I said. And I completely forgot a out the tournament when I was making that proclamation. So... no Dunks for me for the next month.
So now I have the chance to win it back. Here's my goal for this month, right here on the Internet where I can't back out of it. I will do the complete month of workouts- if for some reason I miss one I will make it up before moving on to the next phase. Barring major health issues though, I'm only giving myself 3 extra days. What I don't want is to end up 7 weeks later still derping along, not finished with 4 weeks worth of workouts. This stuff is progressive, so taking too long kind of defeats the purpose.
Setting the alarm for 5 a.m. #gogoaliego #accountability
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment