I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep up this schedule, 4 days a week of some kind of hockey. But I have an enforced hiatus this week. Last night I got a tattoo on my upper back, something I've been planning for and looking forward to for months. But it's a really big piece (from shoulder blade to shoulder blade) and the tattooist said I shouldn't play until Sunday. I asked him about Saturday night, since I had planned to work on those shots that seem to elude me, and he reluctantly gave in, but I'm thinking I should go with his gut and wait until Sunday morning. It's only 8 more hours, I don't think it will kill me.
Fortunately, when I got home from the studio, there were two goalie magazines waiting in my mailbox. Added to the one I got earlier this week, and haven't read yet because I was saving it for today, that's THREE goalie magazines to keep me occupied during my recuperation. The best part is, two of them feature two of my favorite goalies: Cam Ward, and Chris Mason. (The other features Leland Irving, who I know none of you have ever heard of, but he was drafted by the Flames last year and plays in the WHL right now. He's also something of a human interest story, having beaten cancer as a kid and gone on to where he is now).
Viva la gardiens les buts! (or something like that. huh huh huh... you said "butt")
Thursday, August 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment