Riding the high from a come-behind win against the best team in the league inspired my husband and I to pledge to be back for next week's game- even though we'd originally planned to be away. Oh we're still going away- we have tickets for games in Nashville and St. Louis this weekend - but we're going to drive like bats out of batcaves to get back in time for Monday night's game. It's a little nuts, but it's not like we had anything planned for the trip home other than to meander through the Blue Ridge Mountains. Armchair geologist that I am, I know that they're not going anywhere anytime soon, and we have a trip to Atlanta to make, so we can do our meandering then.
Of course, in the light of day, after realizing we booked a hotel for after the game in St. Louis, this plan seems a little silly. But hotels can be cancelled. What matters is that no one else is going to be in that net but me. Now I better stand on my pinky next week or I'll feel mighty stupid...
No comments:
Post a Comment