Game two was only better than game one on the scoreboard. In fact, on the ice, it was worse. And in my head... I don't know what happened. Well, maybe I do. I'm not sure why but I had a case of nerves before the game. Add to that a little bit of drama (that doesn't involve anyone reading this blog so don't worry about it) and you don't have a very focused goalie. The final score was 4-3 (our win), but all three of those goals were ridiculous. The first one I overestimated the speed of the shot and my timing was way off. The second one was a save, and then a puck bouncing around in the crease, which I had a clear look at and plenty of time to cover, but I fumbled and it was over the line before I got to it. The third was a penalty shot I should have stopped in my goddamn sleep.
I just never got into the rhythm of the game. And the whole team was off. Thankfully the team we played against was even worse, with the exception of a ringer or two. And their goalie, who was a sub. I've been out of sorts all week, really. I have a vacation coming up, hopefully that will help. But all I can see is 7 straight days with no hockey and that's not really helping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
At least you beat your quasi-goalie-nemesis once more!
Post a Comment