Our team won last night, but other than that the game wasn't much to write home about. I was doing my best impression of a big juicy rebound factory, and it cost us two goals. But, we managed to score 4, and that's what put the W on the board for us. I have to hand it to the other team; they only had two subs, compared to our full bench. They fought hard right up until the 4th goal, which seemed to take the wind out of their sails.
I don't know if it was me, or the fact that one of the refs was new, but it seemed like the icing calls were all kinds of screwed up. That threw me off a little. I also was doing a very poor job of getting the puck along the boards, which resulted in me not attempting it anymore. I hate that I make my D work so hard but I just can't get past this mental block. And that's what it is; I'm so afraid I'm going to screw up (as I have, horrifically, in the past) that it keeps me frozen in my crease. Just one more thing to work on, I guess. That's what open hockey is for...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You played well and made the "big saves" when you needed to. As for going out of your cage - my only advice - and I say this with NO knowledge of the goalie position...
Know where your defense is, where the offensive players are coming from, and just charge at that puck - without panic, just full blown lust to send that puck away from your home.
Post a Comment