Friday, January 23, 2009

Quotes from the Womens' Locker Room

Since I'm not in there all that often, this probably won't be a regular feature. But this was just too good not to share.

Last night I went to adult skills clinic, since I knew I'd be unable to make it out to open hockey this morning. I dropped my gear in the "Womens' Locker Room", or "closet" and started getting ready. The last few times I came to clinic on a Thursday night, I had company in the form of a friendly young woman who had just started (literally- never played before that first night) playing hockey, and also happens to be attending med school. I was just wondering if she'd be there that night when the door opened and in she walked. After greeting each other, since it had been a while since I'd seen her, I asked her how her classes were going. "Pretty good," she said, and with bright enthusiasm followed up with "Today we learned how to do rectal and vaginal exams!"

I didn't really know what to say to that. So I asked if she meant they did them on real people (as opposed to hearing a lecture). She confirmed that yes, they were done on real people.

That begs the question..... who are the dudes volunteering for rectal exams done by med students? And do we really want to know?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did your exam go today, honey?

Not bad, but I think she was a student?

How do you know?

She used a tongue depresser where I have no tongue.

{"rim" shot}

(rim shot)