Tick.... tock.... tick..... tock..... That's the soundtrack from the inside of my head while the days crawl by as I wait for my teams' seasons to start. I'm restless, antsy, always slightly aggravated. The fact that practices have started up for the womens' team is helping a little. We had a great practice last week, and I think it's only going to get better from there. Coach has decided to split into groups each week after some warm-up skating and puck-handling drills. Besides the head coach, there are two assistant coaches (one of whom is GoalieHusband hehehe), so we're going to break off into groups; forwards (working with Head Coach), defense (working with GoalieHusband), and ... me. I'll be working with the other assistant coach. I'm ecstatic about this because even though he's not a goalie coach, getting some individual attention can only help. He's already told me to let him know what I want to work on, since I know best what I need. (Hear that, glove hand? You're going to get your atrociously slow ass whipped into shape).
And as far as "things I need to work on" go, I've already gotten some feedback from Head Coach. This weekend there was a sort of last minute season kick-off party. Unfortunately because of somewhat late notice, not everyone could be there. It ended up being a small turnout, and we sat on the deck in the dark drinking beer, downloading ridiculous music, and talking. For the most part we didn't talk shop. But one thing that was discussed was getting the defense passing more. Including passing back to me. Waaaaiiiit a second. Hold the phone. Me? Play the puck? You really don't want that, Coach. Trust me. What's that saying? The thing you're afraid of doing is the thing you most need to do? Alright then. Bring on the pain.
I also have an update in the jersey number department. I mentioned that I was trying to decide which number to wear, and it was pretty much unanimously decided for me that I should wear Pi. I have no idea where that came from. I'm not a math geek. I think it's alternately hilarious and... well, kinda dopey. Right now I'm going with dopey.
Monday, September 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to read hockey is nearly back for you on all levels, Goalie!
Post a Comment