Friday, April 29, 2011

And we also played a game (Tournament Blog Part II)

There were no "festivities" Wednesday night, as by the time we got our luggage, rented a car, and got to our condos, it was close to 2 a.m. and we were all exhausted. It wasn't until around noon on Thursday that we all were up and about and decided to hit the grocery store for some provisions. We spent the day on the "lanai" drinking beer, eating chips and cheese, bullshitting, and napping. Not a bad pregame routine eh?

Our game wasn't until 9 pm, but I wanted to get there a little early. Good thing we did, because when we got to the rink, I discovered the little TSA approved padlock was still on my hockey bag, and my key was 40 minutes away at the condo. Oh. Shit. Fortunately, the zam driver had a grinder, and with some help from him and GoalieHusband, disaster was averted. I wish more than anything I'd had my camera then, because the shower of sparks flying away from my bag as the zam guy drilled through the lock was pretty impressive. I said "I bet this is a first," and he replied "Actually, it's not." I was surprised but also relieved that I wasn't the first dumbass to have done that.

The game itself was a great one - for the forwards. We won 9-1, had 38 shots for, and I think I did better as the cheering section, with only 6 shots on goal. To be perfectly frank, I was kind of bored. And evidence of that is the fact that I allowed a goal on six freakin' shots. And the shot that beat me, I should have had. It was a breakaway, for which my D came back and took full credit for but hello, that's what I'm there for right? To stop the ones that get past the D? I guess I was just thinking too much, because I didn't wait her out long enough and she got me moving to my left and put it past my right toe. Dammit. I know I'll be plenty busy in tonight's game though, because our opponent won their game yesterday by a similar score. So, I'm looking forward to that, but I'm not tempting fate by going on about how little shots I saw last night. Got that, Hockey Gods?

The post-game plan was to gather at KK's condo for beer pong and other festivities, and as much as I've been looking forward to the parties this week? By the time we were all showered and ready to go again, it was about 12:30. Honestly all I wanted to do was pass out, but off we went, and I did have a good time. I suck balls at beer pong, but hey, it was a good time. The highlight of the night might have been the other coach (not GH) bragging that he could unclip KK's bra in 2 seconds or less, and then failing miserably at it. He blamed the vodka & tonic. We decided he had to lose his Man Card regardless.

The two gallons of orange juice and two bottles of champagne that we impulsively stopped and purchased for the Royal Wedding Drinking Game remain unconsumed, however. It was after 3 when we left KK's and no one had any plans of either staying up or taking a 1 hour nap to be awake in time to participate. (Even when we came up with this stellar idea, I knew it was really not going to happen. But it sounded like fun.) It may still come to pass though, as I'm sure we can find the wedding online. I'll be sure to chronicle that if it does happen, don't worry.

PS - Do NOT let me forget to explain about Sidney the MVP Chicken (turkey).

1 comment:

#14 said...

Explain the Sidney the MVP Chicken.