Pre-game music. It's heavy, driving, and pumps you up, right? Unless you're me. Listening to my pre-game mix, GoalieHusband just shakes his head. One thing I've discovered along the way is that there is only one prequisite for a good pre-game song: it has to speak to me. As a result, my pre-game mix is all over the place. I've got a few Disturbed songs on there, which is pretty normal. But that's where the resemblance to anyone else's pre-game mix ends. The rest of mine are songs that at some point, while driving to the rink have struck a chord with me (see what i did there?) and have resonated ever since. That's how I ended up with this song on my mix:
[Note: Rogue, I love ya, but I'm pretty sure the plural of "seraph" is "seraphim". Just sayin. Poetic license granted.]
One night on the way to the rink, it came up on my ipod, and I just felt like I was soaring. And in the game I felt like a creature that would unfurl huge wings and guard the net. So, on the mix it went. One night recently while carpooling with The Mayor and listening to my mix, I blurted out when this song came on "I love this song! It makes me feel like a flaming seraph with giant wings in front of my net!" This, as you might imagine, resulted in an awkward silence and then gales of laughter from The Mayor. Which spawned an entire imaginary conversation with a ref: "'Uhhhhh.... why is your goalie on fire?' 'Oh don't mind her, that's just her flaming seraphim'. 'Well can you tell her to knock it off, the ice is melting' "
That's what I get for using my outside voice. I'm even a little embarassed to be admitting something this goofy to the entire Interwebz, but I'll take one for the team, because it's at least midly entertaining. And you know what, bitches? That's the night I got the shutout. I guess I know what's getting painted on my mask, should I ever have money I don't know what to do with.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment