As I suspected, last night's game evened things out in the shot department. There's no official count for these games, but I counted 42. We lost 4-1 and even though it's a loss, the overall consensus is that we played very well against a very strong team. The one thing that seemed to vex us for the whole game was having open players in front of the net. I never figured it out - I was too beat by the end - but there seemed to always be extra open people by the net, even with the D covering their man (woman....I guess... just sounds weird). I guess they were sending another player in low behind them. Not sure about that but I was a busy goalie and I felt I had a really good game. Two things I noticed about my play: I had a much more active stick than usual, and I pulled out the Hasek acrobatics more than once. (Seriously. I did one barrel roll so fast I almost made myself dizzy). I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. It either means I was out of position and scrambling, or it means I was throwing everything I had into it, to make the stop. Sometimes ya gotta make one that's not all that pretty, but if the puck stays out, that's what counts. But I was really in the zone, and I love, love, love that feeling. Now I'm back at my desk, counting beans for Corporate America. I wish I could just be on the ice all the time. #GoalieAfterglow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment