The corner of the locker room I dubbed "Goalie Land", since when I walked in it already had two bags, sets of pads, and sticks there, and a third empty chair just waiting for me and my load of crap:
My entrance onto the ice from the tunnel - I knew GoalieHusband was there somewhere, and I wanted to look around for him, but I was busy trying my hardest not to make an idiot of myself by falling the second I stepped onto the ice:
Here's a shot of me and the other goalie making our way to the sin bin while we waited our turns (I'm #39):
And here is a sequence captured by our team photographer- "the save" that had everyone on the bench asking "Whose goalie is that??!?" (according to Hkygrl12, who said she was proud to say "MINE!"). Before I put the pictures up I will add a caveat: this is a really really awful save, in terms of technique. It looks even more awful if you don't realize that in the first picture I'm squared up perfectly to the person with the puck - who is not the person with the puck a millisecond later in the next picture. I squared up to the shooter, but there was a wide open person on the top of the crease, and the (original) shooter passed to her the second I got set. I should have slid over instead of diving, but my instinct was to dive, and I got awfully lucky that I was able to knock it away (and that the rebound got scooped up by my D and not the other team). I'm almost cringing, putting it here where people who know what they're looking at will realize how sloppy it is, but, it kept the puck out of the net, and it made everyone cheer. You can't really argue with that.
And last but not least, my very favorite picture. GoalieHusband usually has to work on Saturdays but he arranged his schedule so he could have the day off, and it meant a lot to me to have him there. I think he had almost as much fun as I did, being down there with "his girls". Here we are with shit-eating all-star grins after the game:





No comments:
Post a Comment