Yes yes, I'm remiss in blogging about the tournament this weekend. I will do it, I promise. I just had to tell a story from last night's scrimmage because I'm still laughing about it.
This summer the women's team coach has been renting ice and having a pretty open scrimmage- i.e. not just women's team members. It's pretty much the coach's teenage sons and their friends, some women's team members and whoever they feel like inviting. So the skill level is a real mix, because of course you have the kids flying around all over the place, slamming each other into the boards, etc. (which actually is quite fun to watch. I love watching really good players just horsing around. They make it look so effortless... which, I guess it is. Anyway...)
One of the women brought her 17 year old son, and at one point they were both on D in front of me. Now, she's pretty small, but she's feisty and absolutely hates to get pushed around, so she's not shy about pushing back. So here we are, the puck's in our zone, and she's tussling with a dude at the top of my crease. Her son comes out of nowhere to gang up on the guy, yelling "GET OFF MY MOM, BITCH!!!"
She and I busted out laughing. Even as the kid and the other dude skated away, she was still by my crease, both of us in fits of laughter. Between that and an older brother constantly beating on his younger brother, it was a pretty amusing night. Plus, I got to stop lots of pucks. Not a bad ending to a ridiculously stressful day at work.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just an FYI: I was "other dude". There's no quit in that mom. And there was no quit of us guys ragging on the sons and teens on the ice. Very relaxed, positive, fun atmosphere.
LMAO! I had no idea, all I saw was a white jersey. That makes it even funnier.
Hahaha! That's funny. Good kid!
Post a Comment