See, this is what happens while I'm waiting for GoalieHusband to get home from his ungodly retail-at-Christmas-hours. I think of all kinds of things to tell the internet that the internet doesn't really care about.
The Hawks got our winter season schedule today, and right away several things stuck out at me. First off, there were more than three games on it. I'll be damned. Maybe this new league coordinator is actually going to tighten the reins a little and be quasi-organized. For quite some time, we'd get an email roughly 4 days before the first game saying "Ok guys here are your first 3 games. I'll get the rest of the schedule to you soon." Gee, thanks. At least the fact that most of our games are at 11pm means there really isn't a whole lot of schedule juggling you have to do when you finally find out what nights you're playing.
So, having a full schedule right off the bat is pretty nifty. Second thing I noticed? We have TWO new teams in the league! The drunk punks are back (whee!), and that other blue team from the level just above us dropped down. Might as well call 'em by their actual name, since it's pretty damn cool. The entire team is comprised of doctors and med students, and they very cleverly call themselves the MedWings. I have to come up with a blog name for my Quarry Cat d-girl who plays on that team, since I'm sure I'll be mentioning her throughout the season. Hey being in both leagues I'm in doubles your chances of being blogged about. At least I don't use real names. So, suggestions welcome. She's a kick-ass defenseman and sticks up for me. I love playing behind her. (Shut up, no ass jokes.) Playing against her? Well I hear she plays forward on that team so we'll just have to see about shutting her the hell down. Muahaha.
The last thing I noticed was that all of our games are either on Wednesday nights or Sunday nights. Wednesdays are Quarry Cat practices, so I'm going to have several more of those practice-to-game double headers (3 right off the bat). Only once is the game at the same time as practice, and I'll just have to miss practice that night. My attendance is stellar, so they'll just have to cope without me for one night. As for the Sunday nights, thankfully there is only one conflict, and it's only a partial conflict at that. QCats have a 7:50 in Westchester, NY, and the Hawks play at 11 in our home rink. Let's assume the QCat game gets over at 9, and I'm in the car and headed back to Jersey by 9:30 at the absolute latest. (If I leave my gear on and make GoalieHusband drive, it can be even sooner than that. I've also been informed that if I do that, photos must be taken for Facebook). That gives me a good hour to get to the rink with time to spare. Now... we learned our NYC traffic lesson this weekend, however I think going in the opposite direction (who the heck wants to go toward Jersey?) at that time of night will be pretty painless. *knocks on wood*
Wow that was a lot of babbling about essentially nothing. Bring on the double-headers and the metro-area mad dash! Well... after this nice little holiday rest, that is. I'm quite enjoying getting to bed at a decent hour.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment