"Go crazy?"
"Don't mind if I do!!! BLAHHH LAHH LAH!!! BLAHAAAA!!!"
(This Simpsons moment brought to you by.... Choc Full O' Nuts Coffee)
But seriously. I've had the wind taken out of my sails big time with the realization that my crazy 3-to-4 hockey sessions a week are coming to a screeching halt. With the beginning of competitive school and intramural seasons, and traveling teams, ice time is at a premium and it's adult open hockey that suffers. I suppose I shouldn't begrudge the up and coming hockey stars their ice time, but dammit, when you're used to so much a week and it's suddenly cut into less than half... it takes a bit of getting used to.
Tomorrow night is our last game of the summer season. After that it's two or three weeks before the fall season starts. Which leaves me with ONE night a week of hockey (Friday night open hockey at "the other rink"). Our Thursday lessons are cut, as is the butt-crack-of-dawn Sunday morning open hockey, which I relished.
If this had coincided with the beginning of the NHL hockey season, that would be one thing. But by the time opening night comes around, our fall season will be starting up again, which will bring me back up to 2 nights a week of hockey, at least. Better than nothing. That weekday morning group is looking more and more tempting. I'm pretty sure I could get away with coming in to work late once a week, especially if I make up the time. I just have to find a way to get my email address to the guy who organizes the goalies...
But that's all in the future at the moment. What deserves my concentration right now is the game I'll be playing in just about 24 hours. The championship game. Who'd of thunk it, in our 2nd season playing on ice, that this is where we'd be. The beer has already been purchased for the post-game parking lot celebration. Because even if we don't come out on top, we still have a great season to celebrate.
Bring it on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment