Saturday, September 22, 2007

Thieves and liars

Ok "thieves" is probably pushing it. But someone stole my hockey from me, dammit, and this is the Ministry song I used to listen to when I got really mad. (Now that I'm older I listen to something a little calmer when angry.... something like Disturbed).

After last being on the ice on Monday, I was very much looking forward to some playing time tonight, even though it was an open hockey session that is usually not that well attended. (Normally I play on Friday nights but free Ranger pre-season tickets coaxed me away rather easily). Because nothing showed on the rink's schedule for this Saturday, I called to confirm on Thursday and was told that yes, there was adult open hockey scheduled. Fantastic!

Unfortunately, when we got there, the guy at the desk recognized us and shook his head and said "no open hockey tonight". Excuse me?!? I told him I'd called, and had emailed my friends saying the rink said it was on. I can't be mad at him, because he did offer us the ice for an hour or so after the public skating session was over. But since it was only my husband and I, I didn't feel right about just the two of us using the ice and making the zamboni guy wait for us.

And we got home and found out the Rangers lost 5-0. What a crappy Saturday night.

No comments: