Well I played with the "fast guys" this morning, since I took the day off to get my tattoo. And I sucked. So much for the "I guess I play better in faster games" theory. I didn't get a warmup, and I'm sure that didn't help, but I'm not going to blame my entire crappy performance on that. There also weren't a lot of shots, which is odd for these games.
At one point when I came to the bench right after a goal, I was shaking my head and one of the guys said "don't worry, he's got a really hard shot". I agreed, but allowed that I was playing like crap today. He said not to worry about it, but said "If John scores on you, then you better put your gear up on eBay". I laughed and asked him to point John out to me. Wouldn't you know it, on my next shift John actually had a shot on me, which I stopped easily with my blocker. Good thing I didn't realize who it was until after I made the save. Otherwise I probably would have flubbed it and caught hell back on the bench.
I probably won't hit the ice again until Sunday morning (clinic). If I'm lucky I'll get out Saturday night, but I doubt it. Maybe the time off will give my mojo a chance to come back.
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment