I may have made a rule about not posting after a bad game, but there's no rule about not ranting about some asshole at an open hockey session. Make that two assholes. Mark my words, I will never play open hockey at this rink again on a Friday or Saturday night. I love the weekday morning group- I wish my work schedule allowed me to play with them regularly. But the guys who come out on weekend nights? Forget it.
There were several cool guys there tonight, don't get me wrong. But it only took the two dickheads that were there to ruin it for me. Remember open hockey Rule #241? Don't Show Up the Goalie? Yeah, apparently they haven't heard about it. These guys were really, really good. Some of the best stickhandling I've ever seen. Unfortunately they took it upon themselves to play cat-and-mouse games and toy with me. They'd come in on a breakaway and deke me out of my pants. Congratulations, dick. You've been playing hockey your whole life and you scored on a goalie who's been on ice for five months. Hope you feel like a real big man. They also did the same thing that Steve did that first night he showed up that pissed me off so much; they'd skate up and just stop in front of me. A poke-check was pointless, because they were an awful lot quicker with their sticks than I was. Of course it didn't stop me from trying- I'm not going to just give up. When I got fed up I called the other goalie off the bench (there were three tonight, so there was always one extra on the bench) and sat and steamed for a bit. When it came time to get back on the ice, I went to the other net so I didn't have to deal with them shooting on me anymore. One of them left at that point. Coincidence? Probably. But you know me, Paranoid Patty. "He's leaving because he doesn't want to play on the same side as me".
I was apprehensive all day about playing at this rink on this night. Looks like I had reason to be. I can't wait for the fall season of our league to start, and for the other rink to finish repairing the ice, because I sure as hell won't set skate on this rink on a Friday or Saturday night ever again. I don't need to come home feeling lower than worm poop because some jackass needed to make himself feel important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment