Saturday, May 21, 2011

Spreading the word

I'm two for two. In the past two days, I've gotten two people to sign up for Twitter. One is my awesomely fearsome defenceman aka "Flipper", the other is none other than... my Mom. So everyone say hi to @lct29. But I'm not telling you my Mom's screen name because she's still trying to figure this whole twitter thing out. I have already warned her that I have no filter on Twitter. Which actually isn't true. I've bitten my tongue quite a bit. But I have a hell of a lot less of a filter on Twitter than I do around her, so sorry Mom, if you didn't realize how immature and crass I was. ;)

It's been a pretty quiet week in Goalie Household, hockey wise. I've been laying low this week, recuperating from the tournament. It has come to my attention that I do not take very good care of myself at tournaments, and that's something that has to change. I had good intentions with this one; I brought several high protein/carb drinks to have after games to replenish myself, but I forgot to actually bring them to the rink with me. I have to get better about that.

So, I haven't done squat all week, not since my game on Sunday night after rushing home from the tournament. We have a double-header on the schedule for tomorrow, and the first half of it is actually pretty unique. A team the QCats play against in the regular season invited us for a sort of exhibition game, only it's not at their regular rink. One of them somehow won ice time at the Pru Center practice ice. We'll have refs and two 20 minute running time periods (I think). It's pretty cool, but it means that I will be IN MARTY'S CREASE. AAAAAAAHHHH. I have vowed to scratch a Ranger logo into it before I leave.

Later, at night, we have a Hawks game. We lost our last one in a shootout, 7-6. Yeah there went my awesome GAA for the weekend. The first 3 goals I don't feel so great about, but everything from the last half of the 2nd period on, I can certainly be proud of. I played my ass off for the last half of that game. Maybe it took me a little while to get going, but man once I did, I felt great. Unfortunately my shootout luck didn't follow me home from Ithaca, and we lost.

Truth be told, I'm a little concerned that my complete lack of activity all week will have left me a tad rusty, but I'm very much looking forward to both games tomorrow. And I promise to drink lots of water and have my shake as soon as I get off the ice.

No comments: