Now that all that serious stuff is out of the way, I can share my pain with you all in that misery loves company sort of sense. I didn't think I'd see anything more disgusting than this at a rink, but I think the condition of our locker room on Sunday night might top that, if only because of number of people affected.
GoalieHusband and I were pretty early for the game, so we were the first ones in the locker room. We dropped our bags, and he headed into the toilet stall- and did a quick about-face and came right back out. "Someone puked in there", he said. Ahhh, so that's what that faint odor was.
Even though Senator took one for the team and went in and flushed the toilet, each person to arrive remarked on the smell. I had a small pocket-sized container of hand sanitizer that I ran around the room spraying, but it didn't seem to help. We left the door open while we dressed, but it wasn't any better when we returned after the game, after we'd kept the room locked up to prevent our valuables from being stolen (again). Fifteen steamy sweaty people in a small room with puke odor. Not a fun time.
Is it a chick thing, flushing the toilet? I mean, I know every woman is always after her man to put the seat down, but really, do men just generally not flush? Or is it just the neanderthals at the rink? I really just don't get that. Every week we arrive to a locker room with a toilet full of unflushed piss, so much so that it hardly bothers us anymore. Every now and then there will be a different kind of donation floating around in there, and once there was even some kind of strange hair explosion lurking in the toilet. And when the QCats have practice during the season, the locker room we use is occupied by high school boys right before us, and the mixed scent of piss and Axe is not something that's easy to forget. But I'll take that over damp steamy puke any day. Gross.
Needless to say, I changed my underthings in the women's restroom instead of taking my chances in the Stall Of Biohazard. I'm bringing a can of Lysol in my bag from now on because that was just vile. The only thing that stunk worse than that locker room that night was our performance on the ice. Har har.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment