Two posts ago I mentioned that I felt a subtle shift in my game, and that I hoped GoalieBrain wasn't far behind. I think someone finally woke the bitch up, because we had a game Sunday night, and I was in the zone. Really in the zone. So much so that two direct shots to the middle of the forehead, and being completely flattened two times couldn't knock me out of it. Did we win? No. Another loss, but hallelujah, this one was "only" 5-3. That might be my lowest goals against in about 2 seasons in this league. And yet again, we mounted a comeback; at one point we were down 5-0.
Originally, I was unsure I'd even play this game. GH and I were off on a camping trip for the three days before the game, and I wasn't sure I'd be in the best shape after that. But then I came to my senses. Of course I was going to play, hello what was I thinking? And I'm glad I did. That game was another brick in the re-forming wall of my confidence. I'm feeling better about everything; my game, the team, even the league situation. Getting my mojo back (even if it's only partly back, that's better than nothing!) sort of cleared my head a little, and now I'm not so sure moving to the Instructional League is the answer. Add to that the fact that the rink is actually - finally - taking some steps to clean that league up and make it more how it is supposed to be, and I'm almost 180* from where I was a few weeks ago. We may not completely fit in our league the way it is now, but I really don't think we belong in the Instructional League either, especially if they're trying to get that whole thing sorted out.
So, lots to chew on. And Saturday morning open hockey is starting up this week, which I'm really looking forward to. I haven't been able to go on Friday mornings like I used to, and I really miss it. I think doing drop-ins regularly will help keep me on the upward climb. I sure hope so, because I was pretty miserable for a while there. It feels good to be looking forward to ice times again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yay for climbing out of the fog! I'm still squinting through it right now. Not far behind you, I hope!
The fog sucks. Hopefully some time with your favorite goalie will snap you out of it!
aw boooooo! I was looking forward to going against you in AIL!! -gionta182
It's ok, you'll still be going against me in practice! You and ChaCha are my toughest shooters.
Post a Comment