We have a lot of September birthdays in my family, so to make matters simple, we gather on one day to celebrate all of them. This of course includes a massive amount of food and dessert, and laying about on the living room floor after consuming way too much of both. (It's the truth. My Dad was laying on the couch, but my Mom, GoalieHusband, sister and I were all lounging on the floor, which prompted my mom to wonder aloud why they even bothered to have chairs in the room at all). But in addition to feeling like I feel after Thanksgiving dinner, I also have some pretty neat gifts. This one I think will get lots of use. As a matter of fact, it already has. It was a huge hit with my nieces, once I explained what the heck it was and showed them how to use it. They're still at the age where they think everything they see Aunt Maalivahti doing is really cool. I'm sure that'll wear off eventually, but hopefully not before I can get one of them into some goalie gear. Muahaha.
So while I sit here and wait for my food to digest before my game later tonight, I figured I'd share the experiment that is the Goalies-Only Fantasy League. I've always wanted to see if it was possible to have a fantasy league where you only draft goalies, and this season GoalieHusband obliged my curiosity by creating one on Yahoo. Although it would probably be fun to have other people in on it, I sensed that he wanted it to be "our" thing, at least for this inaugural run, so we had to each create two teams (Yahoo's minimum number of teams per league is 4). The categories are: wins, goals against avg, shots against, saves, save %, and of course, shutouts. We decided that each team should draft 10 goalies, for a total of 40 goalies in the league. This forced us to pick a few backups, which I thought would make things interesting.
(At this point, it occurs to me that you all probably think I'm totally nuts).
Here are the goalies I drafted, in the order I drafted them, for each team. I warn you right now that I am supremely awful at drafting for fantasy hockey leagues, so have fun laughing at my selections.
Team 1: The Guardians
Rinne
Quick
Rask (I know, I know... I couldn't help it....plus I have a gut feeling)
Roloson
Ward
Lehtonen
Anderson
Theodore
Smith
Enroth
Team 2: The Charlatans (haha... get it? it's like a fake team??? ha.)
Thomas (see what I did there?)
Price
Crawford
Backstrom
Bryzgalov (we were both really reluctant to pick him, but I ended up caving)
Halak
Dubnyk
Bernier
Neuvirth
Auld
As you can only have 5 goalies playing on any given night, we're going to have to be really diligent about staying on top of our rosters. (edited out dirty thought) Man, this has trainwreck written all over it. I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment