"Jesus this crease is a mess, what the hell was this guy doing down here last period? [scrape scrape scrape]. Ok ready to go, guys are lining up. [tap....tap-tap] Nice, we got the faceoff win. Ah shit nevermind here they come. Over the blue line and..... YEAH haha Grimm got ya buddy. That's my D-man! Now we'll get some zone time. Huh, wonder who those two in the stands are here for. Never seen them before. The dude is taking lots of pictures too. Weird. Wonder if they're New Guy's friends. Wonder where the hell New Guy came from anyway- ah crap
Man on! Man on!
Follow the puck follow the puck Хвилюватися немає причин, як дають, то бери Якщо б’ють, то біжи, кричи. Технологія проста: ким би ти не став Зранку встав, присідай до ста і читай устав... Oh yeah pad up against the post, seal that shit, HA! How come every time I make a save in VH I think man @TheGoalieGuild would hate that
On you, on you, around around!!!
I mean I get his point but it's not ALWAYS bad Хвилюватися немає причин, як дають, то бери Якщо б’ють, то біжи, кричи. Технологія проста: ким би ти не став Зранку встав, присідай до ста і читай устав... ack, penalty. Well GoalieHusband hasn't played in a while, he's gotta get those penalty minutes logged, Mark's encroaching on his title bahaha.
[etc etc, fast forward to the end of the period]
C'mon c'mon guys... yeah Senator, you got it... right... HA! MURPH! WAY TO GO. Wtf? What's with all the yelling? No one in the stands.... OH HEY GIRLS!!! Ha. Nice, they stopped by. Pounding on the glass, cool. Oh shit, that means in a few minutes I'm going to be down there in that net by them. Hope they don't embarrass me too much Хвилюватися немає причин, як дають, то бери Якщо б’ють, то біжи, кричи. Технологія проста: ким би ти не став Зранку встав, присідай до ста і читай устав... Хвилюватися немає причин, як дають, то бери Якщо б’ють, то біжи, кричи. Технологія проста: ким би ти не став Зранку встав, присідай до ста і читай устав...
[horn sounds.... between period huffing and puffing and bench pep talk...]
Alright, heading back to the net. What... why are they opening the door???!??
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
Ahhh hahaha cute. Ok ok,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOO YOU!!!
OMG. They're not going to sing the whole thing are they??? [take off glove and give them the finger]
HAPPY BIIIIIIIIIIIIRTHDAY DEAR MAALIVAHTIIIII....
Alright I'm just going to crouch here in the crease and pretend I don't exist. Holy crap are you kidding me girls? The other team is staring. Ohhhh some of them are tapping their sticks... haha thanks guys. Ref is laughing too. Nice.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOOOO YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!
Oh dear lord I can't believe this. Ha. Ok now they're done let's get on with the rest of the game here. Ref's getting ready to call us
GOALIE!!! [other goalie waves]
[pause].... BIRTHDAY GIRL!
Ah fuck, seriously man? [wave] Let's go [tap....tap-tap]
...and so it went. Yes, my girls embarrassed the hell out of me. Yes, GoalieHusband skated back towards me at 12:01 to say "happy birthday" (sending up a giant "AWWWWWWW" from the peanut gallery). And throughout the 3rd period, I'd make a save, get an appreciative tap from the opponent and hear "nice save..." [chuckle] "...happy birthday". And yes, we lost, and it was frustrating as hell and I still don't know what I'm doing in this league, because I made some really good saves last night, overall I had a really good game, but inconsistency still haunts me. I make great saves and then give up shitty goals. But given all that, and all the horrendously awful stress at work, I still found myself thinking of the Quarry Cat Choir from time to time during the day, and grinning like an idiot. I am so, so blessed. I have not just one, but TWO awesome teams. Totally different, but awesome each in their own way. Not a bad birthday, not a bad birthday at all. So thanks, @hkygrl12, @lct29, Scarey D, Mayor, and KK, for making me want to disappear but also making me feel loved. Also, can't forget @gionta182 showing up prior to that and screaming her head off for "Coach Sparkle", ragging him and yelling "I KNOW YOU HEAR ME!!!". That's my girl.
Ok, enough of this mushy shit. I have to go do some deadlifts or plyo pushups or something to get that tough-guy, don't-fuck-with-me, I'll-rob-you-blind-sucker feeling back.
(And thanks to this guy for the inspiration for the style of this post.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you enjoyed the first performance of the Quarry Cat Choir. We are available for parties, weddings, etc... Tell your friends.
Post a Comment