The other one was another breakaway, with one of our guys coming back and almost even up with him, but the gravitational pull of my enormous 5-hole sucked the puck right off his stick and into the net. That one was just plain awful.
I did make some good saves, but overall I feel I could have played much better. Obviously, without anything on the board for us, none of those bad goals were difference-makers. But I can't rest on my laurels on that fact, because there will come a time when a goal will make a difference, and I can't be letting sloppy shit like that past me. (Naturally, I don't want to let anything past me, but really big errors feel worse than when you give it all you've got).
So either I finally have some perspective, or I'm just tired, but I'm kind of filing last night's game under "it is what it is". We have another game Wednesday night, right after QCat practice. It's a notable one for two reasons; we're making it "throwback night" and wearing our fancy blue jerseys, and we'll be playing the team we had that really nasty game against a few weeks ago. Maybe we should have someone film the game and make it pay-per-view. It'll help defray the cost of the jerseys we got one season's wear out of.
No comments:
Post a Comment