My birthday is coming up. I kind of hate saying it because I've never been one of those people to make a big deal about their birthday, but I just realized that I mentioned it in my last post, and it's central to the story I have no choice but to share here. My husband, bless his oft-concussed head, has the short term memory of a gnat. A few weeks ago he was lamenting that he had no idea what to buy me for my birthday, and I offered a few suggestions, though being money-conscious right now they were all on the inexpensive side. Ok, not all. But most.
Today he started the same line of complaining, realizing that he doesn't have much time left. I reminded him that I'd given him some suggestions, but upon seeing his sheepish look, asked "You forgot, didn't you?" He admitted he had. I started to say that one of the things was a subscription to Goalies' World magazine, which I used to have a while back and loved, but realized there wouldn't be enough time for that now.
Him: What do you mean, not enough time?
Me: Well if you want to give it to me on my actual birthday, you won't have it in time.
Him: Yes I will, I'll just buy a copy at Borders.
Me: Borders closed remember?
Him: Oh... Ok well then I'll get you a Playgirl and just say it's goalies.
Me (laughing but pretending to be insulted): Fuck you!
Him: What! It's got sticks...
It does indeed. He has a point. Now if you'll please excuse me, I need to ponder the possibilities of "Playgirl" and "goalies" in the same sentence....
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Just picture #30 as the centerfold doing the stack in the buff. Got that image burned in your brain? Success. Now you won't think about those two words in the same sentence for a while.
Post a Comment