How fast the time flies when you're flat on your back in a fevered fog. The first part of our trip went beautifully- we got to see the Predators and Blues, and made it back home in time for a few hours of sleep before heading out for our last "regular season" game. I'm glad we did it that way, and would probably do it again, even though I'm sure the push to drive through the night and not sleep is why I ended up sicker than I've been in a very long time. Oh, I felt fine on Monday night, great actually, because we were out for revenge on a team that beat us a few weeks earlier, and got it: to the tune of a 5-1 win. And yes ladies and gents, that is officially the lowest goals-against of my "career". So I was quite happy about that.
Unfortunately, by Tuesday afternoon I was huddled in bed, sweating and shivering, and my husband finally had enough of my moaning and dragged me to a doctor on Thursday. He says I had/have sinusitis, I think I had/have the flu. Regardless, he gave me antibiotics, and today I'm actually fever-free for the first time in days. I still feel like a bus hit me, but at least I was up and around a little bit today. Unfortunately, this ruined our vacation plans of playing lots of open hockey, and traveling to Ottawa for today's Ranger/Senator game. And now I am feeling just good enough to be frustrated. I have several important events coming up this week; Monday we have our first playoff game and we have tickets to the Rangers game on Thursday. (The other is not hockey-related). As it is now, I'm not sure if I'm even going to work on Monday, so I doubt I'll be playing. Which is really, really, really hard for me to do. Because I'm sure I could probably push myself to play. In fact, I may feel pretty good on Monday night. Not playing if I feel good is going to be extremely difficult, but I think it will have to be done. Under no circumstances do I want to be that sick again if I have anything to do with it. I really hope that by Thursday I can go to the Rangers game, but I'm not even counting on that.
I'm never this sick, this often. I think it's time to start drinking a lot more. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. The fever left me extremely dehydrated, and I probably wasn't hydrated well to begin with. Lots of fluids and vitamins for me now.... I'm not letting this happen again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment