Hanging out after a late game drinking beer is fun, but it sure does tax one's system. Two such nights in a row tired me out and though I probably would have been fine playing open hockey today, I decided to pass (mostly due to other factors). The second game of our back-to-back schedule gave us another much-needed win, and put us tied for 3rd place. (I think....) I've personally played better games; I did play well overall but two brain farts and one bad angle cost us 3 goals. The final score was 4-3. The new pads are still awesome, but I think I did the straps a little differently, because they felt a little looser that night. One of the goals was a result of the puck getting caught in my feet, and as I fumbled around to find it, I kicked it in. Argh. I'll blame that one (and the first one; a lousy 5-hole) on the new pads. Convenient scapegoat.
And speaking of 5-holes... here's an article that discusses the changes the NHL is making to goaltending equipment over the next two seasons, and why goalies with narrow butterflies will be affected this season while their counterparts with wider butterflies won't have to adjust until next season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't think there should be adjustments to butterflies. They're pretty.
Post a Comment