Monday, August 4, 2008

You know you're in bad shape when....

...your husband calls from the rink because he stopped by for something else, and tells you there's a "million" goalies out on the ice, all running through different drills, and you can hear the coaches yelling "GO!" and you get a feeling like a jealous little monster stamping its foot and you think "god DAMN I wish I was out there!" Even though he tells you one group of goalies is running through the dreaded "iron cross" drill... and ten minutes later he says "hey they're starting to look tired". So you know this workshop/camp/whatever is serious business and you'd get your ass kicked to hell and back but still you wish you could be out there, learning, learning, learning... burning the skill into your muscle memory with countless reps. Dammit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should wear your goalie gear to work until they give you such a big raise that you can afford tons of practice time. ...or until they put you in a padded room. HEY! You could have your room match the new goalie pads! Oooooh coordination!