Yeah, it's 1:37 a.m. And yeah, we have another game tomorrow, the second of our back-to-back games in this strangely scheduled season of the instructional league. So you'd think I'd be tucked into bed, snoring away.
Except I can't go to bed just yet.
No, I'm not up stewing over a loss. I'm walking on air because in my debut game with the new pads, I kicked that downward spiral in the face. I got my first shutout!!! My team made it pretty easy- most of the play was in the other end. But there were periods where the puck was in our zone for quite a bit. I'm not sure how many shots I had. Maybe 20? It wasn't a lot. But I'm proudest of two saves; one on a breakaway where I got a toe on it and then smothered the rebound, and the other was a glove save off a shot from about the top of the right circle.
What a way to break in the new pads eh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hooray!
That's so awesome!
Congrats!
Congratulations on the shutout. Fantastic effort, especially with TWO glove saves you made like you were suddenly Johnny Bench.
So now that we know what you and those pads can do, you better bring it EVERY NIGHT! ;)
pssst ... its your second shutout ... just wanted to remind you ... first with the new pads tho ... so i kinda see your point ... but whos being technical
Cupcake time? Just kidding - Congrats on the shutout :D
Post a Comment