Oh yeah, I'm ready. I wore the new pads for the third time today and felt a lot more settled and comfortable with them. While the skaters were doing skater drills this morning, I spent some time working on moving around in the crease, and some butterfly slides as well. All systems are go.The biggest indicator to me that I'm getting used to them is that I wasn't thinking about them. I was doing my usual thing facing shots. (And I must add, I put just about every shot into the corner... awesome rebound control today, hopefully it'll stick!) I'm surprised it happened so quickly- the first time I wore them I thought it would take forever. They still don't have enough puck marks for my taste, but that will change quickly I'm sure.
These pads rule. They're just so awesome. Oh and did I mention they're the same ones Kari Lehtonen has? *swoon* (As an aside: he better bring it this season or he's gonna find a permanent place in the doghouse down there).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Same pads as Kari? I thought you said you bought adult pads, not kids? :-P
Post a Comment