Friday, August 15, 2008

Making headway

I tested the new gear out in open hockey today. My timing's still a little off and I'm still a little clumsy but it's getting better. While at the rink I ran into my coach, and he seemed to approve of the upgrade. He gave me a few pointers for getting used to them, which was cool. I mean... other than just get out there as much as you can with them. That part is obvious.

The one thing I'm wondering about now is, the more comfortable I get with these, won't it throw me off to switch back to the old ones for games that count? I'm not sure what to do about that. I'm tempted to use them this week in the league but I'm not sure yet. I have one more outing (a clinic) before my game, so that will help me decide. Right now though, I'd just like a nice nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a good point about making the switch between pads at different "sessions" in the next few weeks. I say make the permanent move to the new ones now and see how it goes. I have a feeling that this season is not going to be a "magical" one like the last two. You may as well get those pads ready for the jump.