I really can't think of anything to say that won't sound like sour grapes, so here's the result in a nutshell:
- We lost 4-2
- We had yet again the most incompetent and biased ref who's ever stepped on the ice, but I'm not blaming the game on that. Still it added to the frustration level.
- #48 broke his finger blocking a shot on his 2nd shift. Though he came back to the bench I know it killed him not to be able to play, and we definitely could have used him.
- I got run. Repeatedly. Dickhead Ref, upon checking on me to see if I was ok after I was run partway through the 3rd period, said "I'm going to be watching for that. They're really running you." You don't say! What took you so long, asshole? (Note: no goalie interference calls before or after that).
- One small note of personal success: I stuffed their best shooter on a penalty shot. Kind of feels like an empty victory but it's a personal one nonetheless.
- I am glad to be done with this league, for a litany of reasons I won't go into because, again, it'll sound like sour grapes. Looking ahead now to the challenge of the much faster league.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yup, good riddance is right. I firmly believe that this rink will never get their league/level system worked out, but this league in particular has really become frustrating to play in. I hated being on the bench for sure; it was just an awful break (ha-ha). You kept us in the game and that PS save was fantastic.
The hockey season is over. Long live the (new) hockey season!
Post a Comment