I don't have much to comment on, since I can't get on the damn ice. Not only that, but for several days, Center Ice has not been working in Goalie Household. Finally we got it back on track last night, and were watching Ottawa vs Buffalo (in between periods of the Ranger game, obviously). At one point, Alex Auld slid effortlessly across his crease (while down) and it was so smooth and fluid, even Goalie Husband, who watches other parts of the game besides just the goalie, noticed and was impressed. It's just a quick little simple move. But it's so much more difficult than it looks because you're using one leg to push your whole body over to the side. He did it so quickly and seemingly effortlessly that I just sat there in envy, feeling a little hopeless of ever being able to be that smooth and efficient.
Thats when I remembered what my friend is always pounding into my head- don't wish for it, work for it. And I realized that these exercises that I curse as I'm doing them are what's going to give me the ability to hopefully get to that point. Not that I'm delusional enough to think I'll ever be at Alex Auld's level, but I'm going for as much increase in skill and strength as possible. And now I've got that image in my head. And someone else to curse as I'm struggling through squats "until muscle failure". So F U Alex Auld. You're going to make me work harder.
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, backside push!
Post a Comment