Since I'm buzzing with excitement over the tournament (which starts tomorrow!!!), even though I don't have much to say, here I am. I have however made the discovery that hockey gear really doesn't smell so great when it doesn't have a chance to air/dry out. Sometimes my bag doesn't get packed right away out of necessity; like when I play open hockey and go straight to work. It sits in my car and festers all day. Now that's a pleasant car to get into at the end of the day! And unfortunately last Friday I had a practice after work. I had posted something on facebook about how my stinky gear was festering in my car and I was going to have to put it all back on soon, and one of my teammates posted a comment saying she wasn't going to sit next to me in the locker room. Ha! As if it mattered where she sat! Apparently I was so ripe that during a break in practice one gal said "wow someone really smells, I just got a whiff". I told her it was probably me, and when she made a face I jumped her and gave her a huge hug. HAHAHA.
Yesterday I played open hockey in the morning and since I'm off work, had a chance to lay out my gear during the day. Didn't matter. It was still soaking wet when I put it on at practice last night. I don't imagine it'll be any better with the tournament coming up either. I'll be at the rink for most of the weekend so that stuff is just going to have to sit in my bag after we play. Hahaha. I think I'll sit right next to Christine for every game.
Crap. I can't do that. She sits in a totally different place in the locker room than I do, and I can't not sit in "my" spot. Maybe I'll just lob a wadded up hockey sock in her general direction.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think maybe I tweeted about a washer with a sanitize cycle to kill the funk but if you don't have that and aren't due for a new appliance, I've started using Febreeze Sport in my skates and highly recommend it.
Actually I've used it ONCE and it does not just mask the smell. The smell was GONE. So give that a shot. If it works that well on skates, I'm sure it would come close on the rest of the gear.
You did, but I'm having trouble picturing putting my c/a in the washer (plus ours doesn't have that sanitize option). I don't really think I want to do that. And my pants are falling apart as it is so I think I'll try the fabreeze sport. There was some spray I got in a hockey store that worked really well but it was $12 a bottle.
My C/A is falling apart and it has survived a few washings. But just regular washing won't do it. I tried that. Gotta be the super heated, baby-diaper setting.
The febreeze is like $5 a bottle so a decent value. I just tried it on all my stuff as I unloaded my bag from Tuesday (speaking of ripe!) Just a quick spritz on everything to see how it goes. I still can't believe how well it worked on my extremely foul skates. They seriously could stink up the whole garage by themselves. Now I can stick my nose in them and not make a face, even after three skates.
If you can find a sunny patch that you can put it down in, that can help... or if it gets REALLY bad, go "get the stink out" with the machine - it really does work.
Post a Comment