Saturday, April 3, 2010

Blogging again... no really, for real this time

Twitter is pretty darn cool. I'm no technical whiz (as you can tell by the quality of this blog) but I finally signed up and wow what a hockey community on there! And quite the goalie community as a subset of that as well. I get pretty much all my hockey (I should say "goalie") news from there now, and have found some pretty cool sites as well. One of them, a blog, inspired me to get my ass in gear and write in here again. She's a goalie like me and a kick-ass writer, go check her out: MsConduct .

So yeah, I changed my name on here as well, because on Twitter I'm maalivahti, and there's already a "goalie gal" on there, and I'm sure she wouldn't want to be confused with me as she's like way cooler than I am.

I have been suffering from lack of ice time in the last week or so, as the Hawks' winter season is over (BECAUSE WE WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP, WOOOOO!), as is the season for the womens' team I've been filling in for. I'm left now with just open hockey sessions, which are really what keep my skills honed, since I'm going up against guys who are light years beyond my skill level. Usually I do pretty well and sometimes I actually kick a little ass. This week though, I just flat out sucked. Combination of no jump in the legs whatsoever and a bunch of college kids home on break. It did however mark the return to the ice of GoalieHusband (I'll still call him that even though I changed my name on here.) After 5 months off the ice healing from concussion issues, he's slowly getting himself back into the game. He's gone to a few clinics and yesterday came to open hockey with me. He played out of his mind. It was great to see. He also brought back a tidbit of bench conversation:

College Kid 1: Hey are you 21 yet?

College Kid 2: Yeah... I'm 22. Man it sucks. When you're turning 21 you have something to look forward to. Now I'm 22, and all I have to look forward to is you get a real job, get a wife, buy a house, have some kids... and then you die.

Wow, thanks for the perspective on life, kid!

4 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Yay! Found you! Great stuff. So happy to have someone else doing the whole post-game analysis thing. Makes me feel better to see others going through the highs and lows, you know?

Anyway, got ya all linked up over at Ms.Conduct. Thanks for the link here. :)

maalivahti said...

Awesome! Thanks for the link. :) I guess I should take the leap and put this link to this sucker on my twitter profile eh...

Ms. Conduct said...

Absolutely! Reading it gets me all jazzed to work on my "learning goal as an adult" site.

maalivahti said...

Oh for that priceless content you should check out some of the earlier stuff, 2008, 2007.