Monday, February 14, 2011

Back To Your Regularly Scheduled Blog

Well. I'm glad that bout of whining is over. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I went through a dark, dark tunnel and have come out on the other side. I know it's not over; there's a big hill in front of me to climb. But at least I'm out of the dark. Over the last few days I feel like I sort of turned a corner, both physically and mentally. Though I'm still in the brace, my knee feels so much stronger. It really feels like it's healed and ready for the next step.

I made an appointment for physical therapy, so I'll be going pretty much from the doctor's office to the physical therapist on Friday. I wanted to be sure to get started right away, and not spend the whole weekend wondering what I could and couldn't/shouldn't do in terms of everyday activity. I'm really looking forward to the PT. I know, I'm being incredibly naive... I'll probably have lots of very frustrating moments with that as well. But I'm kind of dorkily excited about it in a weird objective way. It'll be really interesting to watch my leg muscle rebuild. Right now, the section of leg just above my knee is actually thinner than the knee itself. Ewwww. No skirt-wearing for me for a while. Good thing it's still cold out. I'm really curious to see how they'll go about rebuilding it, and to actually see it come back. Total. Nerd.

If I had all the money and time in the world, I'd go back to school and get into this field. I just really like learning about anatomy and how stuff works and why certain things help and others don't, etc. But I've done full time job and part time school once already... and that was when I was a lot younger. And frankly, even if I had the money for it, if it would require me to give up hockey, I'm not interested. I'm not that fascinated. So I'll stick with being a sponge and just soaking up stuff as I go along. This physical therapist is either going to love me or hate me; I'm going to be asking a million questions.

But all that is 3 days and 22 hours away from now. I still have a bit to wait. But it'll get here. I'm no longer mired in misery. Ahhh, how refreshing.

No comments: