Friday, October 3, 2008

Here we go again

I certainly hope the cold I've had all week is not a harbinger of the carousel of illness I was on last year. This year I'm a little better armed though; the cocktail of allergy pills, vitamin C supplements and regular vitamins I started taking last spring seemed to work really well, so I'll start that up again and hope to fend off at least some of the germs this fall/winter.

It's because of the coating of snot on my brain that this post is late, and that I had a really crappy game on Monday. Thankfully, it wasn't the championship game for the instructional league- that's this coming Monday. This past Monday was only my birthday, and a game against what is probably the best team in the new league we're in. The game was marked by us finally having our matching jerseys... and a spectactularly bad performance by yours truly. Yes, I did make some good saves, and yes, there was a bad bounce. But the fact of the matter is, the play was in the other end a lot of the time and yet we ended up with 8 goals against. Sorry, not acceptable. (Final score: 8-4) I was definitely not at the top of my game and I hope to redeem myself this weekend when we play the team that's shaping up to be our rivals... if only because we know some of the guys on that team and see them frequently, so the trash talk has been going for weeks. I'm looking forward to the party in the parking lot afterwards almost as much as the game itself. We do things real high-class around here you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - beers in a parking lot! Woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

How long does it take to have an odd man rush? Not long. So no matter how much time we had in their zone, we weren't able to cover their speed at times and left you outnumbered.

Have a great game tomorrow - give the Salad Dressing's hell!