I'm a little giddy because I'm at the beginning of FOUR WHOLE DAYS OFF and since I decided to forgo the Shark Tank this morning and relax instead, I decided to take Moosey up on his suggestion of taking a picture of the new mask - in full Eyeliner Effect. Now, I think Tuukka Rask has the
most badass goalie-stare going (and I'll refrain from making innuendos about his stick in that picture), but I think maybe I might give him just a little competition here. Unfortunately, this is not what any shooter will ever see, as I have to play with glasses, but they totally ruined the effect, so I left them off. (Oh yeah that and if I ever actually got this dolled up for a game I'd never hear the end of it from my teammates).
So here's me having fun with taking a picture of a rather boring mask and sprucing it up a bit. This is what happens when your goalie used to be somewhat "goth" and wear makeup like this every day. Liquid eyeliner is like riding a bike- you never really forget how to do it. ;)

(And PS that's my beloved Ak Bars Kazan jersey. Figured I might as well feature that while I'm taking a picture. Two KHL championships in a row, bitches. ;) )
6 comments:
RAWR! Look at you! Love it!
oh my. i almost feel sorry for your skaters when they would have to look up and see that staring them down. i know i would stop, lose control of the puck and get crushed into the boards...
moose
hee. thanks guys. moose, you don't have to worry about guys getting crushed. i have to wear my glasses, and i definitely don't wear that much makeup on the ice. though maybe i should start...
How do you fit glasses under your mask? I can't - have to wear contacts (and my scrip is WAY out of date!)
== N
I've never had a problem fitting them, which is good, because I can't wear contacts. All my masks are a little on the big side along the sides of my face though. I guess if they were flush against my face I'd have a problem. But apparently I have a really narrow face...
Y'see the eyes say "grr" but the rest says "meow". Work on it, Goalie! ;)
Post a Comment