Saturday, November 20, 2010

Overheard at the Pro Shop

While at a local rink pro shop waiting for my skates to be mangled- I mean, sharpened, GoalieHusband and I overheard a conversation I thought was worth sharing. A dad walked in with his two sons, and one of them gestured excitedly at all the nice shiny new goal pads lined up on a shelf way up high.

Dad: Hey yeah, those are nice, maybe they'd actually close your 5-hole!

Me: [*snort*] Niiiice.

Dad: Oh, was that bad to say?

Me: Well, it was funny. (It was funny when I thought he was joking around. But then he said...)

Dad: What. I didn't tell him to be a goalie, I don't have to be nice to him.

Way to go, Pops. Douche.

2 comments:

Ms. Conduct said...

Dad's probably a forward.

Anonymous said...

Son stopped dad on a breakaway in Drop in one night.
Dad is a frustrated "almost got ice time in college my freshman year when the senior leading scorer got rocked, but coach was stupid and had the senior sniff smelling salts" and now throws his gloves in beer league when he gets shown up and yells at the rest of the team.

Moose