Since I just scared the ever-loving wits out of myself watching the second episode of "Walking Dead", I'll just come bask in here in the nice safe world of hockey and try to de-freak myself. There is a reason I don't watch horror movies. I'm ridiculously easily freaked out (big tough hockey player here!). But the first episode was really not that scary, had more of a "The Stand" feel to it than anything else. But yeah. I went from window to window watching my husband as he took the recycling out, just to make sure the zombies didn't get him. I also briefly entertained the notion of barring up our windows so we'd be safe in here during a zombie attack.
So! How about that cleansing of the palate? Well let's see... last night's Ranger game was EPIC on the excitement-level scale. I wish they could all be like that! Sunday's game... well I'm probably better off not voicing my opinion on that one, because it's probably an unpopular one. To sum it up in a nutshell? Avery was a class A douchebag for sucker-punching Smid, but you know what? Smid didn't have to challenge him on a clean hit either. And Pekham didn't have to try to follow him down the tunnel. OF COURSE Boyle is going to grab him. That's what you do, you protect your team-mates. And once Boyle grabs Pekham, naturally everyone else is going to square off. And Dubinsky getting fined for defending himself when someone grabbed him is just complete and utter bullshit. I fail to see how the Rangers are the bad guys in all this (other than Avery). But hey, I know everyone loves to hate the Rangers, so have at it. It'll make the rest of the season that much more exciting I guess.
Crap, I said I wasn't going to go there didn't I. Ah well. That's a hell of a lot more interesting for you to read about than how the light bulb went on and I figured out how to solve my "ARRRGHHH I can't keep up with this workout schedule while working full time with a sucky commute and playing hockey at the wee hours of the morning!" problem. Actually, GoalieHusband solved it. We were talking it over one night (things are INSANELY exciting in this house, let me tell you!) and he said why don't you just do the workouts when you can and not worry about getting them done in a week? Well DUHHHH. 'Cause, um, that would like, make sense. So, I'm almost finished with "Week 3" but in reality it'll be more like 10 days. I would have knocked off that last day this morning but the stabbing sharp pains I was getting in my knee all day yesterday made me decide to give it a rest. Not sure what that was all about- it's completely gone today, thankfully.
Tomorrow is double-header night. I can't wait. Practice and then a game. I am completely nuts for being this excited about that. Yay hockey! (See? I told you it was better than zombies).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
BRAAAAAAAAAINSS... I NEED BRAAAAAAAAAINNSSSSS....
Post a Comment